Critical Thinking Experience in Turkey
Veronica Cretu of CMB Training Center, conducted in April 2009, a Training of Trainers Program, as part of “Power of Thinking” Project implemented by the Education Reform Initiative from Istanbul, Turkey – http://ipc.sabanciuniv.edu/eng/?ArastirmaAlanlari/EgitimReformu.html
Main GOALS of the training program
- One major goals was to review content and methods from Teaching and
Learning Strategies for the Thinking Classroom, including a review of the ABC framework.
- A second major goal was the introduction of trainer-of-trainer workshop concepts by improving the training and leadership skills capacity of training participants;
- Third, to provide participants with skills and tools necessary to effectively train other trainers.
At the close of this TOT, participants will be able to:
- Plan a model session and conduct a mini lesson/presentation as part of a team;
- Debrief a lesson/presentation through the prism of the ABC framework for planning, teaching and learning;
- Provide feedback using various tools and instruments;
- Apply Critical Thinking strategies and techniques during their model sessions;
- Identify the main adult learning principles;
- Formulate various types/level questions as per Bloom’s Taxonomy;
Main content/topics discussed:
- Bloom’s Taxonomy vs. Anderson and Krathwohl Taxonomy 2000;
- Adult Learning Principles;
- Types of Feedback;
- Types of Motivation;
- What makes a good trainer or Tips for becoming a Better Trainer.
Back to Training of Trainers page